Have you started your holiday baking yet? This is my most used Christmas cookie recipe! I like it because you don’t have to chill the dough, which is great when you are in a hurry (or just impatient!). This sweet, slightly crunchy dessert contains about half the amount of sugar compared to other sugar cookie recipes. All the more reason to eat a few more, right? 😉
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2¾ c. flour
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add baking powder and flour, mixing well. Dough will become very stiff.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Dip cookie cutters into flour and cut out cookies.
- Bake cookies for 6-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- FOR ICING: Mix together powdered sugar and water together then spread on cookies after they cool. Add sprinkles, if desired.
What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie?