Do you find yourself forgetting things? Or maybe doing odd things and you don’t know why? If so, you may be suffering from momnesia, also known as mommy brain. The fact that women tend to get a little forgetful after becoming a mom is no secret. While it can be frustrating at times, it is completely normal.
Today I thought I would share some humorous examples of mommy brain from my own life. I hope you enjoy the list and that laughing at my silly antics makes you feel a little bit better about your own mommy brain moments!
You Know You Have Mommy Brain When…
1. You blame your child for misplacing something just to find it somewhere she can’t reach.
2. You start to put the dishes away, get mad that they are still dirty, then realize you forgot to put soap in the dishwasher when you started it.
3. You leave the house with only one earring.
4. Your toddler is wearing her shoes on the wrong feet and you are the one that put them on.
5. You consistently have to change your meal plan because you don’t thaw the meat out in time.
6. You pack the diaper bag for an outing but fail to put diapers in it.
7. You realize in the evening that you’ve been wearing an article of clothing inside-out all day.
8. You pay rent twice in one month because you woke up in a panic thinking you forgot to pay it.
9. You forget that you closed the nursery door and run into it in the middle of the night while stumbling in a half-asleep stupor to nurse your baby.
10. You make a to-do list so you won’t forget to do things but can’t remember where you put it.
And the funniest thing is, several of these have happened in the past month! I blame most of it on sleep deprivation, but that’s just a part of being a mom. Right?
Do any of these sound familiar to you? Please assure me that I’m not alone and add your own mommy brain moments in a comment!
What is your most memorable mommy brain moment?
Photo credit: Free Digital Photos
This post is shared with some of these link-ups.
Did you enjoy this post? Share the joy with others!