This month all of our Quick Tips have been about GRACE. We’ve covered accepting God’s grace, learning to give ourselves grace and extending grace to our husbands. Today we’re on the subject of motherhood…
I will admit that I struggle with this one quite a bit. Mainly because I struggle to find a balance between giving grace and making sure I’m training my daughter in the way she should go (Proverbs 22:6). As a mama, I try to provide loving instruction and teach her godly character. And I’m slowly learning how the message of the Gospel relates to parenting.
I’m currently reading Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus and it has been very encouraging in this area of motherhood. I love this quote by the author, Elyse Fitzpatrick:
“Most of us are painfully aware that we’re not perfect parents. We’re also deeply grieved that we don’t have perfect kids. But the remedy to our mutual imperfections isn’t more law, even if it seems to produce tidy or polite children. Christian children (and their parents) don’t need to learn to be “nice.” They need death and resurrection and a Savior who has gone before them as a faithful high priest, who was a child himself, and who lived and died perfectly in their place. They need a Savior who extends the offer of complete forgiveness, total righteousness, and indissoluble adoption to all who will believe. This is the message we all need. We need the gospel of grace and the grace of the gospel. Children can’t use the law any more than we can, because they will respond to it the same way we do. They’ll ignore it or bend it or obey it outwardly for selfish purposes, but this one thing is certain: they won’t obey it from the heart, because they can’t. That’s why Jesus had to die.”
Now it’s time to link up!
The Thrive @ Home Thursday blog hop, hosted by myself and my good friend Amy at Gospel Homemaking, was created as a place for women in all seasons of life to encourage one another to thrive–not just survive–at home. It is our hope and prayer that this link-up will become an community of uplifting fellowship and inspiration. Please read the guidelines below for information on how to join us every week!
- Post topics can include: Biblical Encouragement, Home Management, Homeschooling, Intentional Living, Marriage, Motherhood, and Recipes…. Basically anything that will help others thrive at home!
- Posts must be from family-friendly blogs and contain no vulgar language, images, etc.
- Be sure to link back to your blog post not your homepage.
- You need only link your post one time at either host blog. Once linked, your post will show up on both blogs.
- Please visit the blog post linked directly before you and leave a comment. Of course, visiting more than one is encouraged.
- We would appreciate it if you included a link back to Jenni Mullinix or Gospel Homemaking by using the provided button below or a text link.
Along with linking up and visiting a few blogs, you can also connect with other Thrivers by using the hash tag #ThriveAtHome on social media and by following our Thrive @ Home Pinterest board. We look forward to reading about your journey as you thrive at home!
Share your posts!
First time joining us?
Leave a comment below so I can be sure to visit you!
Linked posts/blogs do not necessarily reflect the personal beliefs of Jenni Mullinix or Amy Clark Scheren. We have the right to delete any posts that do not follow the guidelines and/or that we believe to be inappropriate.