Lasagna is one of my favorite meals. My preferred recipe is one that was handed down by my great-grandma, but preparation is a bit time consuming. I don’t make it very often because this mama of little ones ain’t got no time for that! Or maybe I should say, I choose not to spend my time making more complicated recipes in this season of life…
However, just because I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing food, doesn’t mean I don’t want to serve my family hearty and healthy meals. This is where my slow cooker comes in! My aunt gave me a recipe for making lasagna in a crock pot and we all loved it after I made a few adjustments to suite our taste buds. (More cheese, please!) The modified recipe is what I’m sharing with you today. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we do! 🙂
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ c. water
- 1 8 oz. box lasagna noodles
- 1 16 oz. container Cottage cheese
- 1 16 oz. bag shredded cheese (mozzarella is best)
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, seasonings, sauce and water.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).
- Layer ingredients in this order: noodles, meat sauce mixture, cottage cheese, shredded cheese.
- Repeat twice to make three layers.
- Top with another layer of noodles and more shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.