Hello. I’m Jenni and so glad you are here! The vision for this blog was born in the Spring of 2012 as I was re-evaluating my passion and purpose as a writer. After much prayer and deliberation, I decided to stop writing on my old blog and start fresh here with a renewed zeal to inspire Christian women.
It is my hope and prayer that this blog will serve a place to encourage and equip you to live called for the glory of God.
The phrase “live called” comes from Ephesians 4:1, where Paul implores his brothers and sisters to “walk in a manner worthy of the calling you have received.” As Christian women, we are called to live in a way that brings glory (or makes much of) our Lord in every role we have and in whatever season of life we live. That is what I strive for and pray for you as well.
In her book, The Mission of Motherhood, Sally Clarkson says,
“…the common purpose for all women is to glorify God in whatever circumstance and boundaries of life we find ourselves, trusting him to show us how we can best use our gifts for him.”
These wise words echo the heart of my ministry and this blog. My mission is to encourage and equip women to live called for the glory of God by inspiring them cultivate cross-centered hearts and homes. In order to glorify God in our various roles as women, we must “fix our eyes on Jesus” (Hebrews 12:1-2) and allow Him to take the primary and central place in our lives.
“The Bible tells us that, while there are many different callings and many possible areas of service in the kingdom of God, one transcendent truth should define our lives. One simple truth should motivate our work and affect ever part of who we are. Christ died for our sins.” -C.J. Mahaney, The Cross Centered Life
The message of the Gospel must penetrate our hearts and be evident in our lives in order for us to be truly effective in all our endeavors. It is my prayer that we would be forever changed by the work of the cross and rest in the grace that can only be found in the miracle of our risen Savior.
The types of posts you will find here include:
- Biblical encouragement and inspiration
- How to cultivate contentment
- Practical advice for busy homemakers
- Encouragement for wives and mothers
- Personal stories of my journey toward more intentional living
- Anything else that God lays on my heart!
Some of my most popular posts include:
- 5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Procrastinate Washing Dishes
- 25 Ways to Connect with Your Husband
- A Wife of Humility: Avoiding Selfishness in Marriage
- Date Night At Home: 10 Ideas for Busy Parents
- Decorating on a Dime: Fugal Ways to Decorate Your Home
- How to Create a Budgeting Notebook
- Mommy Time: A Privilege or a Right?
- Super Mom: How Does She Do It All?
- The Beauty of Stretch Marks
- Why I (Almost) Threw Away My Parenting Books
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will stay connected and join me in the journey to live a cross-centered life. May we be able to say with Paul, “May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Galatians 6:14).